Join Fedora. Learn cartwheels. Jump through hoops.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 04:35:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Never mind. It's perfect. Don't change a thing.

No I won't let you off the hook that easily.  There's no need to be
sarcastic.  It was a genuine question.  The existing titles for the
roles are a best effort.  If you have a suggestions that you feel is
more appealing, then please tell us. We aren't mind readers. At least
not until we all have the Google neural implant installed.  If I ruled
the world, I'd of called that role 'Code Monkey', but its way to
flippant a definition so I wouldn't seriously expect that to be
generally preferred over the existing 'OS Developer' title.

The goal of the Role definitions isn't to list every individual task
or subgroup. The idea is to draw rough circles around common
tasks,groups and skillsets. These circles overlap. You'll notice that
some groups appear under different roles.

All I am asking is to provide us with some more specific feedback on
how to rename the role that is currently titled OS Developer.  Its not
enough to know that your confused by the current title. We need to
know what would make sense to you as an alternative.

-jef