Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Dec 22 09:05:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 03:54:21PM -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> >> Of course, but doing it within fedora (even not officially) is
> >> what FESCo can accept or reject.
> >
> > And why do you need to do it within Fedora - if the answer is "I can only do
> > it by piggybacking on Fedora resources" then that sounds to me like you don't
>

> You know what I find interesting, This particular idea wasn't in any
> of the candidate statements for any of the people running for FESCo.
> If this were really a problem with existing governance decision making
> I would have expected to see a candidate running for FESCo mention
> supporting this idea explicitly in their nomination wiki info. I don't
> remember seeing that.

I don't know exactly who you are answering to, but as far as I can
tell nobody said that there were 'a problem with existing governance
decision making'. The keep infra open stuff was lead by me and Kevin
Kofler, Ralf, and Oron was also supportive, but none of these people
ran for FESCo.

And you could also interpret it the other way (I am not saying that
it is my interpretation): there is a governance problem because nobody
supporting this idea explicitly ran for FESCo.

--
Pat