Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Dec 22 15:02:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 03:25:52PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> I'm really not planning anything, as the main driving force behind that
> effort is leaving Fedora (and I think the way his proposals were met is
> certainly part of the reason).

Only a part. It was certainly what made me really think whether fedora
was really the place for me or not (it was not the first time, the first
time was when static libs were banned). But I decided not to take this
event to seriously, since I was personally and emotionally implicated
it could have lead to a hasted decision. In the end I think that
the ConsoleKit issue was more determining.

It is clear that it was determining, however, on the part about
me doing noise without any long-term good for fedora.

I am still doing it, to avoid misinterpretations of history and
other doing the same mistakes than me :-/

--
Pat