Join Fedora. Learn cartwheels. Jump through hoops.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:12:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> The goal of the Role definitions isn't to list every individual task
> or subgroup. The idea is to draw rough circles around common
> tasks,groups and skillsets. These circles overlap. You'll notice that
> some groups appear under different roles.

The circle OS Developer conjures up is smaller than the group we are
trying to describe, but there isn't very much to those descriptions so
reading more than the big headings isn't asking very much from someone
who is looking for ways to contribute.

> All I am asking is to provide us with some more specific feedback on
> how to rename the role that is currently titled OS Developer.  Its not
> enough to know that your confused by the current title. We need to
> know what would make sense to you as an alternative.

The obvious thing to consider is simply dropping OS from the heading
but either way if the user isn't willing to read the following 7 lines
they aren't going to know what that means either.

John