Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 22 21:58:51 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Now I don't think that idea is implementable in practice, at least not
> without major changes to how both RHEL and Fedora are developed which I
> don't think are ever going to happen. But it's the idea and I think Les
> described it pretty clearly. I just disagree with it.

Right. Now I understand it better. A transition in between Fedora and
EL, in a cycle. I don't think it is workable either. If RHEL was a
strict subset of Fedora (the exact same binaries), even for a release,
maybe. Currently it isn't and probably isn't feasible either considering
how the development model works and the community (of contributors) in
Fedora.

Rahul