rawhide report: 20081223 changes

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Dec 24 17:36:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 16:05 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 20:22 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > What's the benefit of using a particular non-standard math symbol in the
> > spec file? It just makes it unreadable for a lot of people.  This is not
> > some kind of sport.
>
> Right, I think I can summarise this thread by saying that the vast
> majority of people want Nicholas to use - as the bullet like everyone
> else.

Noisy minority fallacy. I for one don't think it really matters and if
anything has been an excellent exercise of our internationalization
capability. Look what it has done, it's tested the data flow from the
developers text editor, through CVS, through our build system, our
reporting tools, the mailing list, everyone's mail clients, RPM, yum,
PackageKit...

Testing IS a sport. Un-displayable characters means we should examine
our font support, not ban unicode.