CompsXml, make validate, etc.

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 27 20:54:26 UTC 2008

Debarshi Ray wrote:
> Also I found that some of my packages are not in the comps-fn.xml.ins.
> So am I allowed to edit the files for Fedora 9 and 10, or should I
> restrict myself to updating comps-f11.xml.in only?

You're allowed to edit the files for F9 and F10, but please do not add new
groups, you can only add packages to existing groups. (Moving a package to
a different group, changing the mandatory/default/optional status of a
package or removing a package is also possible, but usually a bad idea,
such changes are best reserved for the next release only.) And of course
any changes won't affect the installer, they'll only be used when updates
are being used.

        Kevin Kofler