Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 08:43:09 UTC 2008

Casey Dahlin wrote:
> Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
>> Sorry... but that's just plain wrong.
>>
>> Maybe my use case is odd... but my /boot partition is a *MINIMUM* of
>> 5GB on all of my computers.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> 1.) I have a rescue image setup to boot if I need it...
>> and
>> 2.) I have a ghost image I made right after installing this version
>> of fedora.
>>

> I don't see why either of those should exist entirely in /boot. You
> are allowed further partitions.

Where else would they be better placed?
I have no desire to clutter my disk with endless numbers of partitions,
and placing them in the root partition is just plain stupid.

> Nothing in /boot should remain relevant after we get a proper kernel
> in memory and enough modules to read the rest of the disk.
>
> --CJD

Again... where better to place the tools that can fix a broken system?

Keep in mind that these tools should rarely (if ever) be used.

After all... these are supposed to be the tools of last resort... where
better to place them... than the partition that's not supposed to be
touched?

The /boot partition is, in fact, the perfect location for such emergency
tools.

Lyos Gemini Norezel