Creating live USB keys in Windows

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:27:50 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008 11:31:51 pm Luke Macken wrote:
> Some things I did differently:
> - I had a text field next to a "Browse" button for the ISO.  This field
>   is pre-populated if an ISO exists in the current directory.  In your
>   GUI, there is no distinction as to whether an ISO has been selected or
>   not, which may confuse some Windows users :)
Actually I don't trust Windows users so much :) I will put a non-editable
field to show the current iso (if selected).
> Out of the box, it complained that it was missing msvcp71.dll.  After
> copying that file to the directory, it seemed to render fine.  Ideally,
> py2exe should be sucking this in for us.
No idea why it is showing :(
> When trying to run the tool, a DOS window quickly pops up and
> disappears, and I get the error message: [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory: 'F:\\isolinux\\isolinux.cfg'
I am trying to reproduce this.
> So, I should probably create a fedorahosted project for this, so we can
> have multiple people hacking on different parts.  Anyone have any
> suggestions for a name other than 'livecd-iso-to-usb' ?
Last night at #fedora-devel
Feb 04 23:00:41 <wwoods>        Fedora Live USB Booter.. or FLUB

Kushal
--
Fedora Ambassador, India
http://kushaldas.in