F9 Alpha Observations

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Fri Feb 8 01:21:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 18:23 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:

> 3 - FF3 beta 2 that comes with it, seems to open with a home page of
> www.s.com and I have already setup preferences to my own home page.  I
> can't find the reference to www.s.com at all.  Although, if I click the
> home button, it will go to my home page.
>
> 4 - Maybe not Fedora's problem, maybe so, but flash from adobe doesn't
> seem to be recognized by FF3 beta 2.  Not sure if java is either?  I
> didn't even see a plugins dir in /usr/lib/firefox neither. about:plugins
> only shows adobe reader stuff and that's it.

After today's rawhide updates, both of the above now seem to work just
fine.  Maybe it was the path the shortcut initially was pointing to,
cause after the updates, it didn't work and I had to change it to the
same as the menu/internet/firefox settings and it's all good.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"