K12Linux Re: Education SIG

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Feb 9 18:38:34 UTC 2008

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/K12Linux
Hmm... I had already begun working on integrating K12LTSP with a target
of Fedora 9.  LTSP enables terminal server and thin client capability
just like Edubuntu server or the older K12LTSP.  Also in my plans were
to simply make a yum group for other Educational software to make it
easy to install from Add/Remove Software or PackageKit, or to include in
any spin.  It sounds like you are working on the latter part of this.

Might it be confusing to users to have both a "K12Linux" and "Education"
spin?

http://k12linux.org/
Eric Harrison and I plan on reusing k12linux.org for the home page of
this, and retiring the old K12LTSP name.  K12Linux will be an official
sub-project under the Fedora umbrella, built entirely out of Fedora
components so it qualifies to be an official spin.  Users may either
install it with yum groupinstall from any existing Fedora, or install
from the K12Linux spin media.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com