Firefox: Figuring out rendered FONTS

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Sat Feb 9 21:22:26 UTC 2008

Hi.

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 21:28:31 -0400, Jorge Fábregas wrote

> Is there really a way to figure out the final rendered font when
> viewing a page? You see, I always have a have a hard time configuring
> the fonts on my Linux systems (specially Firefox). To work around
> this issue I had to figure out first what was the requested font on
> a  particular section of a page. I'm just lucky that I found the
> "Font Finder" extension for Firefox where basically I'll highlight
> some text and it will tell me the corresponding code. I see something
> like:

Firebug may be your friend. It's a firefox extension that will tell you
almost everything you ever wanted to know about the currently rendered
page (and certainly some things you did not want to know), including the
CSS that applies to a certain element.
The font information you glean from that can be fed to fc-match, which
will tell you what font your system will select when, for example,
'Arial' is called for.