Script to update release and changelog?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sun Feb 10 13:39:15 UTC 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 00:24:40 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:10:11 -0700 (MST), orion cora nwra com wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a script posted somewhere for automatically bumping the release
> >> and adding a line to %changelog?  Perhaps we could get integrated into
> >> Makefile.common?
> >>
> >> make bumprel COMMENT="Rebuild for gcc 4.3"
> >
> > I use these two:
> >
> >   http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/bumpspecfile.py
> >   http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/rebuildrpms.py
> >
> > The first one only modifies given spec files and adds a changelog entry.
>
> That's neat. Could this functionality be integrated with the common make
> files?

For that, a few things aren't ready:

 * Which email address to use? Grab one from ~/.koji/client.crt as
   a default?

 * Override default config values with ENV variables as in above
   example.

 * Improve bumpspecfile.py so it doesn't alter whitespace in "Release"
   tag.

 * Improve bumpspecfile.py so it adds EVR-without-%{?dist} to
   changelog entry. (Redundant for the most recent package release,
   but some people want it nevertheless.)

It could as well be included with "rpmdevtools" after deciding on
whether to use a configuration file and/or a set of options.

Further, rel-eng uses some scripts for automated rebuilds, too.
Where are those?