Any possibility of getting this software installer coded and in fedora (9 or 10)?

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 16:54:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:16:52 +0100
Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It is possible to implement because my feature request has been...
> > executed (I don't know english so well)?
>
> So it's possible (i doubt it) i would like to know how because a
> google search for "java rpm bindings" isn't resulting in anything
> useful.

One of the nice things about PackageKit is that it separates the
backend and fronted fairly nicely using dbus.  You could write a java
frontend for PK, since Java has dbus support.  Of course, this
assumes that PK provides the API and data model you want.

http://www.packagekit.org/pk-using.html

-RN

--
Robin Norwood