Proposed features

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:21:15 UTC 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 12:07 AM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ex.
> > The Game SIG could maintain an ini files with featured Game in Fedora,
> > to make it easy for the users to install/remove these games.
>
> See? Even in Fedora such thing have its place :) .
>
> Also, packagers could create own ini [or other file, ini is so
> windowsish] file which would install all required packages and so others...

its pythonic :D .. import ConfigParser

> We can make a software portal (I can help, I can help :D !) with such
> files to make browsing repo easier (but if PackageKit implements icons
> there will be no difference).

Perhaps extends pkgdb to include a easyinst link .. and also make
pkgdb more for benefit of users (instead of its current purpose as
something for pkg maint) ..

<wishlist pkgdb>
* ability to view bugzilla list related to package (both in fp.o bz
and upstream bz)
* several infos from spec (URL Tag, source URL, )
* easyinst link
* screenshots if possible
* a small discussion area (like winehq's appdb)
</wishlist>

(btw, where can i grab pkgdb's source?)
--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail