K12Linux Re: Education SIG

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Feb 11 17:24:42 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2008 7:40 AM,  <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Warren Togami wrote:
>>> So our two editions would be similar to Ubuntu:
>>> K12Linux Desktop - just the educational desktop apps
>>> K12Linux Server  - Desktop, LTSP, Moodle, DansGuardian, Squidguard, etc.
>> Well, what do you think, how should this go on? I have a finished spin
>> (at least for f8), which has been submitted to release engineering, here
>> [1] and also posted several times before - here [2] and here [3]. If you
>> came up with this somehow earlier, (we could have discussed it and) I
>> would have saved several days of work. And, by the way, what do you
>> think of the SIG proposal here [4]? What do you suggest concerning these
>> educational spins?
>
> There's no reason you can edit the spin's payload for the f9 release
> timeframe.  Spin's aren't set in stone.  It's probably best practices
> to not change the spin payload significantly during a fedora release
> timeframe, so don't bother trying to edit the f8 based spin you
> arlready have in process. But if you and warren can come to an
> agreement as to modifications, there's no reason a modified payload
> can't be produced in time for F9 release.  It's really up to you.
>
> -jef

I don't really care what is on the Educational Desktop spin.  I also
don't care what the spin is called.  I however will be naming the server
spin including LTSP "K12Linux" or "K12Linux Server" and I will include
whatever was chosen for the Education Desktop spin.

If you create a SIG I will join, but I don't know how much time I can
spend on your SIG.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com