Proposed features

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:36:20 UTC 2008

Izhar Firdaus wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008 12:07 AM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We can make a software portal (I can help, I can help :D !) with such
>> files to make browsing repo easier (but if PackageKit implements icons
>> there will be no difference).
>
> Perhaps extends pkgdb to include a easyinst link .. and also make
> pkgdb more for benefit of users (instead of its current purpose as
> something for pkg maint) ..
>
> <wishlist pkgdb>
> * ability to view bugzilla list related to package (both in fp.o bz
> and upstream bz)
> * several infos from spec (URL Tag, source URL, )
> * easyinst link
> * screenshots if possible
> * a small discussion area (like winehq's appdb)
> </wishlist>

If you want to spearhead some of these end user-oriented changes I'd be
happy to include them :-)

> (btw, where can i grab pkgdb's source?)

Complete download instructions::
   https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/wiki/Download

Quick instructions for grabbing the development branch::
   $ sudo yum -y install bzr bzrtools
   $ bzr branch
bzr://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb/fedora-packagedb-devel

-Toshio