Massrebuilds for GCC 4.3 coming soon to a buildsystem near you!

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Feb 12 08:58:26 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:02:00 -0500
> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I've posted the list at http://jkeating.fedorapeople.org/need43 and
>> either tonight or tomorrow I'll be setting up a cron job to keep this
>> list updated once an hour or so (depending on how much it hurts koji,
>> as there are a lot of queries).
>>
>> Maintainers are invited to rebuild now, to lower the number of
>> packages that will get a scripted rebuild by releng later.
>>
>> We're also still discussing a way to allow maintainers to opt-out of
>> an autorebuild.
>
> Over the last couple days I've made a few improvements to the script.
>
> A) Skip noarch builds that were imported into koji from Extras/FC6.
> B) Include a timestamp at the top (UTC ISO format)
> C) Support a blacklist.
>
> It's this last item that I bring to your attention now.  The current
> list on my fedorapeople page is accurate as of the time stamp.  If you
> wish to have us blacklist one or more of your packages, please mail
> rel-eng at fedoraproject.org with your request and we'll add it to the
> blacklist.  (see
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=releng;a=blob;f=scripts/need-rebuild-gcc43.py;hb=HEAD#l12 )  Future runs of the script will take your request into account remove them from the posted list.
>
> We do ask that you provide some reasoning as to why you wish to
> blacklist your build.

Great!,

I've one question though, from the initial mass rebuild mail I understood that
mass rebuilding now is not mandatory, as that rel-eng will fire of a scripted
rebuild for gcc 4.3 somewhat later in the cycle. Did I understand this
correctly? I have prepared all my packages for a gcc-4.3 rebuild and would
rather see them rebuild scripted then having to manually fire of close to 200
rebuilds.

When I say prepared I mean that I've installed gcc-4.3 on both my devel
machines the day Jakub posted his don't build with gcc-4.3 list, and in the
following weeks fixed all the 45 packages on his list which I ownedd to build
with gcc-4.3 and for good measure also a couple of libs used by my packages.

So a scripted rebuild should go smooth and I'll gladly pick up and mend any
broken pieces.

Regards,

Hans