Orphaning Packages

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 12 12:48:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 19:38:41 +0100,
  Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> Jon Ciesla wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I'm orphaning the following packages:
> >>
> >>      * Liferea - this one is could use some serious love, but will
> >>        involve some work, since it needs to be ported to the new
> >>        xulrunner in Rawhide.  If I can free up some time from work, I
> >>        might be able to offer some assistance.
> >>      * Wesnoth
> >
> >I could pick up wesnoth if no one objects.
> >

> I would have picked it up if you didn't, but since my packageload already
> is plenty high, I don't object to the contrary, I say go for it :)

I already filed a bugzilla about this, but since the maintainer is changing
I thought I would bring attention to it. Wesnoth is in string freeze for
what will become 1.4 and the 1.3.x releases are being treated as 1.4 betas,
so for F9 it would be nice to switch to this version. There are more
campaigns and ESR has done a lot of clean up work on the included campaigns
so there should be fewer glitches.