Summary of the 2008-02-12 Packaging Committee meeting

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Feb 12 20:16:45 UTC 2008

Meeting minutes and full logs of the packaging committee meeting which
occurred on 2008-02-12 are online:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes20080212

Executive summary:

No new guidelines this week.

Issues pending FESCO ratification:
 * Guidelines for packages using ggc-client-libs
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/GGZ
  * Accepted (7-0)

Misc business:

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/OpenOffice.orgExtensions
  * spot will present FPC's questions to Caolan.

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Lisp
  * No response so far to abadger1999's questions.
  * FPC is a bit short on Lisp expertise so any outside assistance
    would be appreciated.

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Java
  * That's all we have for Java guidelines; we would really like to
    have more.
  * Java-knowledgeable folks are desparately needed to help us cook up
    some useful guidelines for Java.

 - J<

--
  Jason L Tibbitts III - tibbs at math.uh.edu - 713/743-3486 - 660PGH - 94 PC800
       System Manager:  University of Houston Department of Mathematics