pulseaudio causing crashing of applications

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 22:25:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 17:14 -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 04:12:39PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > ...in all cases but I have a hard time imagining a case where I'd
> > want access cut off to an existing, running session just because
> > someone else might want to check their email on a different account
> > and they do it from a VT instead of Xnest.
>
> It has been said before.  Imagine if someone left a mic snooping
> program running on Session #1 while Session #2 came along and started
> talking on the phone?  This kind of thing should be prevented BY
> DEFAULT.

Just to make it more complicated MIC = INPUT != OUTPUT :-)

Ie, the security problem is most likly with input channels, although
most of the complains come on how the output channels are managed.

Just food for thought, I am not pending in either direction.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York