Anaconda needs new locale thinking.

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Fri Feb 15 20:26:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Benny Amorsen wrote:

> Please don't change locale settings just because you pick a different
> time zone. People travel, that should only affect time zone.

Hm, good point.

But I would argue that for an installer, anaconda, it is safe to assume
that it is installing the computer at home, at the default TZ AND
location, I never booted up anaconda on say, a journey abroad, though I do
realize that this happens at FUDcon and other - (perhaps not for the user
base representative) - events.

We were not arguing that your changing the TZ on your already installed
machine would change your locale LC_* settings. Atleast I didn't intend
that, this was at install time.

Linus