Git has too many freaking dependencies

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:20:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:23:06 +0100
Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> Can we please stop this meta package bs, it hit me too with git, and I do not
> consider myself a novice when I say:
> "yum install git"
> I mean:
> "yum install git"
> and not
> "yum install git and anything vaguely git related including an fscking emacs
> add-on which drags in a whopping XX MB of emacs"
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans (who is seriously annoyed by this)

Ok, I'm going to pick on you a bit Hans.  Forgive me.

There is this magical tool called bugzilla.  It's used to track issues
people consider to be bugs.  It sucks at times, but it's what we have.

If you really thought this was a bug, I would have been a hell of a lot
more receptive to fixing things if it was filed via bugzilla than I
would if I hear about it on a mailing list rant.

Seriously.

josh