pulseaudio causing crashing of applications

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Feb 16 04:55:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 14:17 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> But its set by policy files so if you want other users to broadcast your
> webcam over the internet all day, listen to all your calls and send them to
> friends you can configure it that way, but that should not be the default.

Lets not throw around straw men. Some of us just don't want to stop the
rock.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfXKkNo7YZ8
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOTwOiDrysI

Proposal: Two checkboxes in the Sound control panel:

[ ] Mute my audio when switching to another session
[ ] Mute other sessions audio when switching to my session

First option allows your music to keep playing when switched to another
session. Second option provides a defense if the first option is abused.