F8: Has the kernel update policy been changed?

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 21:04:24 UTC 2008

> No, this is why spins aren't supposed to dick with settings like this.
> We set settings in packages so that the same experience is seen no
> matter what the entry point.

No need to blame spins. The current situation is most likely because
of changing the default boot target during installation (e.g the
Windows partition for the default boot...). I have come across this in
previous versions (since whenever it was that UPDATEDEFAULT got
changed from "no" to "yes" for the standard install) of Fedora too -
actually I rely on it to cut down on after install configuration.