source file audit - 2008-02-14 - Login required

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Feb 17 05:44:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:05:22AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:19:49 -0700
> orion at cora.nwra.com (Orion Poplawski) wrote:
>
> > Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > > Here's attached another run of my sources/patches url checker.
> > >
> > > - There are 685 lines in this run, 561 lines in the previous run,
> > > 620 lines in the one before that, and 700 in the one before that, so
> > > things seem to be going up and down. ;(
> > >
> > > - Should I keep running this? Do folks find it useful?

yes.

> > > - Should I try and spam maintainers? Or just keep posting in the
> > > list?
> >
> > List.
>
> Yeah, thats my inclination, but the problem is that the count doesn't
> seem to be going down much. Ie, many of the maintainers with packages
> affected seem to be not seeing it here.

I spam everyone with a failed package in my reports.  Most responses
are "thanks, fixed now", with the occasional "not my problem, it's
another package's problem", and of course my favorite "not my problem,
your scripts are broken!" :-)  Because I'm only running it monthly or
so right now, it doesn't seem to be so much mail that the package
owners get upset.  Yours is interesting, and often trivial to fix, but
I wouldn't send it more than monthly to everyone personally.

BTW, I fixed biosdevname (add permalink/ in the URL).  I can't fix
pgp-tools because upstream rarely releases tarballs, I have to build
it out of svn directly, so please add that to your exclude list.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch