default mail client

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 21 12:04:42 UTC 2008

Matej Cepl <mcepl <at> redhat.com> writes:
> I am not writing down these issue to say, that Evolution or any
> other GUI MUA is better (actually, kmail doesn't fail on most of
> these, but then vfolders in Evolution rock, and kmail is also

KMail will have virtual folders in KDE 4.1 or 4.2 (this is being implemented in
Akonadi, and what parts of Akonadi will be in 4.1 is not decided yet), so
chances are that feature will come in Fedora 10 or 11. :-) It will also be very
powerful, integrating with Nepomuk tagging, so you can tag your mails and
filter by tags.

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3264

> POP3 client learning IMAP — special dIMAP account anyone?), just

There has been lots of work done on IMAP by the Kolab consortium, so if you
tried a pre-enterprise KMail, you may want to have a look at 3.5.9 (currently
in updates-testing, but the kdepim-enterprise snapshot we have in updates is
almost 3.5.9). Those folks are also working on kdepim 4.1 (and actually, in KDE
4 kdepimlibs, IMAP support came first, POP support has been added only
recently).

And by the way, KMail can import mail from Evolution. :-) (It's probably the
client with the most import filters.)

        Kevin Kofler