Help with kdissert and semantik

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 22 16:32:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
>
>  > I packaged kdissert a while ago, but it's been obsoleted by a rewrite
>  > called "semantik." I've not really used either for the longest time,
>  > so I'd appreciate if anyone wants to take over at this point.
>
>  Sounds like kdissert needs to be EOL'd, you should follow the procedure on
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

I will do so shortly.

>  In the meantime, I (or other members of the KDE SIG) could help comaintain
>  kdissert for previous releases.

I'll grant you the necessary permissions, once I get around to it. :)

>  > Kdissert doesn't build in F9 due to various reasons, and semantik
>  > requires slight patching for KDE4 paths. If someone feels like looking
>  > into it, I'd be more than happy to offer any support -- both moral and
>  > otherwise. :)
>
>  Sounds also like semantik would need a package review, yes?  Anything
>  submitted yet?

Nope, I just did some cursory poking around and attempted to compile
outside of a spec file. There is a debian package that contains a
number of patches that would need to be applied in order to build on
F9 as well.

Thanks, Rex!

Cheers,
--