rawhide report: 20080223 changes

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Sun Feb 24 20:43:21 UTC 2008

On 02/23/2008 12:13 PM, darrell pfeifer wrote:
>> xulrunner-1.9-0.beta3.26.nightly20080222.fc9
>
> still has the 'cpio rename' problem so it doesn't install. firefox
> doesn't seem to depend on a particular version, but is getting
> progressively more flaky (icons don't show in menus like bookmarks,
> gmail won't work but many other web pages are ok)

Uninstall the old package (use --nodeps if you have to) then yum install
xulrunner.

It's really a symptom of the way rpm works: puts files on the file
system and then cleans up.  The file type changed from directory to
symlink (so we can make use of system hunspell).  There's no way you can
simply copy a symlink over a directory the way rpm wants to, so you get
this.  It only affects users of rawhide at that time and is a one time
thing.