Rawhide X.org - My mouse doesn't work & an interesting question...

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 07:58:13 UTC 2008

Kelly Miller wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
>> Kelly Miller wrote:
>>> First, the bug; when I start the X currently in Rawhide, my mouse
>>> loses the ability to move from side to side and can only move up and
>>> down.  The mouse in question is a Logitech wireless, part of the
>>> Cordless Wave desktop.  Oddly enough, the touchpad still works (it's
>>> a laptop, BTW).
>>
>> You need to be sure your mouse/keyboard is configured correctly for
>> the newer HAL auto input device handling, or to disable that option.
>> This may be due to a mouse configuration you have setup manually in
>> xorg.conf but is being interfered with when you start X and login.
>> See archived mail [1] by Nicholas Mailhot about some of this.
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg02131.html
>>
> I stopped doing manual xorg.conf configuration back in Fedora 6, unless
> I had a necessary reason for fiddling with the xorg.conf.  So no,
> there's no conflicts (unless the system changed something).  I can say
> that doubly because I formatted the drive and installed from base Fedora
> 8, and then updated to Rawhide.

Well, the conflicts I mean are between xorg manual config, hal auto config, gdm,
and gnome.  The keyboard issues other people are reporting may very well extend
to some mouse behavior too.  So what I meant was, 'your config which used to
work fine' may conflict with what the system is trying to do now after recent
updates.  You have to get that resolved somehow.