Fedora 9 Feature Freeze Approaching--All Feature Owners Please Read

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Feb 26 21:37:17 UTC 2008

> Hi.
>
> Horst H. von Brand schrieb:
>
>> All well and good, but right now rawhide is /very/ broken:
>
> ...for some people. I don't know why, but I have almost no
> problems.

I have occasional problems with missing pieces.  (Package X needs version
y of package z which is not built yet.)  That is pretty standard with
Rawhide.  I just upgrade what I can.

>> - X doesn't get along with keyboards and mice
>
> Works for me (apart from Ctrl-Alt-Fn)

The mouse problem is fixed in the latest xorg.  Ctrl-alt-fn is still broken.)

>> - GNOME settings daemon crashes, much of GNOME doesn't work as a result
>
> Yep, seen that.

I have not seen that. Maybe I am lucky.

>> - Latest kernels just hang on boot or are unable to start X
>
> Works for me

The only time I had that problem was when I tried to install the
commercial driver from nVIDIA.  That was *bad*.

>> - gdm crashes X
>
> Works for me.

Now if I could just get it to configure correctly... gdmsetup seems to be
missing.