sense of packaging firefox' addons?

Randy Wyatt rwwyatt01 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 03:18:45 UTC 2008

Peter Gordon wrote:

> Aside from the issues already mentioned in this thread, I think other
> reasons to have them packaged is _trust_ and _quality_.
>
> For example, would you install the extension from a website which you're
> not familiar with...or would you install it from the same place from
> where you install every other software on your computer?

That doesn't imply that I trust anything. Fedora gets to a firewalled
system in the test network before coming anywhere near one of my
desktops.  Being packaged on a known location doesn't imply Qquality(i.
e. windowsupdate)
I absolutely believe that FireFox extensions should not be packaged in
by Fedora.

Regards,
Randy