system-* tools' ui independence

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:00:39 UTC 2008

Matej Cepl pisze:
> On 2008-02-28, 05:45 GMT, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
>> Sometimes I have broken xorg.conf and no copy on Internet so
>> then some tool is needed.
>
> Since FC6 everything Should Work™ even without any
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf whatsoever.
>
> Matěj

O rly? Resolution 800x600 while my display supports 1024x768 doesn't
satisfy me.

Also, nv or nouveau drivers are not supporting my graphics card well.
And again, I can't set Digital Vibrance with them.

Another problem with xorg.conf? My display displays everything darker
than it is in reality, so I must to use gamma.

I like Compiz, I must enable some options.

I want my video to my bright as desktop, so I must to enable GL for XvMC.

I must to set DisplaySize to get good DPI (it was broken some months ago
to be "proper", but it's not).