submitting ideas to Fedora

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 18:10:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 18:57 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > At some point distros need to collaborate a bit more. None of the
> > ideas I saw there were distro specific. Why have a distro specific
> > website?
>
> Ubuntu and openSUSE are not interested in collaboration.
> They think they can fix everything locally, not upstream.

Don't make assumptions like that. I've spent a fair amount of time
talking with Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier about how Fedora can collaborate
with openSUSE, and he is very interested in collaboration. I've also had
some conversations with Canonical employees (since they're really the
only ones who can influence Ubuntu), and they also seem open to
collaboration possibilities.

~spot