submitting ideas to Fedora

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Thu Feb 28 21:27:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 16:15 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> hi,
>
> I just noticed launch of next brainstorming website. this time, ubuntu
> one [1] .
>
> first was opensuse [2] , but they had no voting system and no comments
> notifications.
>
> I wonder if fedora could have such website too, to see what users need.
>
>   1| http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

Hah hah. The top two are currently "Ubuntu's bootloader should look like
Fedora's" and "NetworkManager everywhere", something that's already on
the Fedora to-do list (And nearing completion?). Among a lot of other
things that have been discussed to death on fedora-devel and are already
on various developer's to-do lists. Speed up boot time, power
management, filesystem mount UI, hardware databases(smolt?), forced fsck
(already fixed in Fedora some time ago), menu mess, backups, fix
suspend/hibernate (ongoing? The supply of shiny, new and broken hardware
shows no signs of slowing...), LiveUSB (done!), prefetch, delta updates
(apparently waiting on Fedora infrastructure to implement their end),
shutdown speed...

We've seen it all, on this very list, already.

>   2| http://idea.opensuse.org/

This one looks a bit more focused on developers actually getting things
done. And that seems rather analogous to our already existing "feature"
process...