system-* tools' ui independence

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:34:56 UTC 2008

Bill Crawford pisze:
> On 28/02/2008, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek<jakub.rusinek at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Kelly Miller pisze:
>
>>   >  You're joking, right?
>
>> No, I'm not. From users point, YaST-GTK is more readable and better
>>   organized.
>
>>   >   I mean, two minutes with YaST-GTK and I'd
>>   >  already gotten sick of the fact that it acts like just about
>>   >  everything else in Gnome anymore; that the user should only be able to
>>   >  reach the minimum of options and anything else should be buried.
>
>> You use KDE, right?
>
> As do I. You have a problem with KDE, right? It's bad? It offers
> options and you think that people don't want options =>  must not allow
> configuration?

KDE users think that many options, with clutter in UI are good, but they
even do not use them and do not need them.

Believe, I was KDE user, who switched in search of something better.

>>   >  And it's a fact that the GTK installer is utterly brain-dead.
>
>> Don't be rude... Most of people do not require LOAD of options, but they
>>   expect simple "just works", without hassle.
>
> I find it rude that you're suggesting that having options =>  doesn't
> "just work".

Did I said this? No. You, KDE people always brag something.

> It's extremely frustrating.

If do not use something, then be silent.

And about system-* tools for KDE - KDE version can have more options as
you will "need" them.