f8 gripe#2: why did f8's pm-hibernate regress?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Wed Jan 2 00:48:06 UTC 2008

Can someone tell me if there is anything I can do to de-regress f8's
pm-hibernate?

What I mean is that it seems like in f7, pm-hibernate saved the kernel
buffer/filesystem caches as well as the minimal needed stuff.  Now in
f8, every time I resume, system performance is crap because everything
needs to be read piecemeal from disk into the caches again.

My analysis is pure speculation based on my understanding of how you can
tune that behaviour with suspend2(tux-on-ice).  But it is very noticable
and very annoying and very clearly a f7->f8 change.

-dmc