GPG Keysigning at FUDCon

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 01:30:15 UTC 2008

Matt Domsch said the following on 12/12/2007 01:40 PM Pacific Time:
> I'm volunteering to run a GPG keysigning party at the FUDCon in
> Raleigh in January.  Keysignings are good ways to get to meet people
> face-to-face (with a government-issued photo ID to boot!), and serves
> to extend the GPG Web of Trust.
>
> See
> http://barcamp.org/FUDConRaleigh2008
>
> for details on how to send me your keys beforehand.
>
> hanks,
> Matt

My key has expired and it is also associated with my Fedora account
which raises a few questions to get straightened out before FUDCon:

1) Do I need to revoke my expired key? I'm not even sure if this can be
done or matters.

2) Once I generate a new key, I assume I should add its fingerprint to
my Fedora account--removing the existing one?

3) Do most people create keys that expire or is it okay to create one
that does not?

Thanks,
John