Mass rebuild status with gcc-4.3.0-0.4 of rawhide-20071220

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 15:57:55 UTC 2008

> Small correction here, std::auto_ptr is still in <memory> in
> -std=c++98 mode, it has been deprecated just in -std=c++0x mode from
> what I see. So the above 3 failures are something else, perhaps some
> header which unintentionally included <memory> no longer does or
> something.

Right.

I'm most interested in Pre-ISO header issues, and the dep streamlining
fallout. This part seems to be actually pretty minor, which is
encouraging to me.

I'm going to organize some of your build info (esp changed
warning/errors in compilation)  with some data I have from Debian, and
put it up on the gcc website in the form of a Porting to gcc-4.3 wiki
page. I will send link as soon as it's up.

However, I am in a bit of a transition right now WRT my physical
location and may not be able to get to something coherent before Friday.

Thanks again for doing this.

best,
benjamin