Fwd: closing out old bugs of unmaintained releases

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jan 6 17:33:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 16:25:53 -0500,
  Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  Which is why mass-closing is such an appealing thing from
> both sides of the fence.  It's been mentioned in this thread (not sure
> if on this list or another, I'll go back and look), that the message
> used to mass-close should basically admit the fact that we know that
> we have a problem, and that we are taking action to fix the problem in
> the future so that we don't get into this state again.

Shouldn't the underlying problem be fixed before doing the mass close?
If not there is likely to be another one down the road while tickets
continue to accumalate before the fix actually happens.

I don't see any rush, as tickets that were being ignored can continue to
be ignored until things are fixed.