Another selinux rant

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 23:05:41 UTC 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 5:51 PM, James Morris <jmorris at namei.org> wrote:
> > That could be the case. Perhaps there's something that could be added
> > to Smolt to allow the history of avc denials to be uploaded as part of
> > the profile - that would allow some really interesting analysis.
>
> Smolt has been collecting this information, but it has not yet been
> published on the web site (hopefully soon).

Smolt doesn't collect that information, and that seems like a bad idea
for something for Smolt to collect.  Well, if you wanted to make
something like kerneloops, but called selinuxoops, then maybe we can
link Smolt information together on an opt-in basis.  I'm not sure what
you would gain by knowing what kind of CPU generated an SELinux error,
it would be no different than diagnosing permissions problems
remotely.  It's all in the software.

-Yaakov