howto package openoffice.org extensions

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 11:33:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 04:12 -0700, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> Caolan, do you have any best practices recommendations for the naming
> of the openoffice.org extensions?

I've no real strong feelings one way or the other, I found it convenient
for e.g. writer2latex which had multiple subpackages where one of them
was the openoffice.org extension to call that subpackage
openoffice.org-FOO, I guess just use your own judgement here.

> Also, will this particular extension, which is packaged as an .oxt
> file, be able to be installed using the unopkg tool as suggested on
> that page?  i.e. are .oxt files intended to be installed using the
> unopkg tool?

Oh yes, you can just do
unopkg add --shared OOoLatex-4.0.0-beta-2-linux.oxt
-env:JFW_PLUGIN_DO_NOT_CHECK_ACCESSIBILITY=1

or if you want to use the linking mechanism to avoid duplicating the
contents of that .oxt at registration time then you can use something
like

%install
unzip OOoLatex-4.0.0-beta-2-linux.oxt -d /usr/share/OOoLatex.uno.pkg

and then have ...

echo yes | unopkg add --shared --link /usr/share/OOoLatex.uno.pkg
-env:JFW_PLUGIN_DO_NOT_CHECK_ACCESSIBILITY=1

and

unopkg remove --shared net.sourceforge.ooolatex
-env:JFW_PLUGIN_DO_NOT_CHECK_ACCESSIBILITY=1

C.