Bruttaly sluggish Eclipse performance in remote X

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 14:27:20 UTC 2008

On 8 Jan 2008, at 14:20, Dimi Paun wrote:
>> But, you should probably track down the source of the latency anyway.
>
> I completely agree. However, I'm at a loss on how to do that, any help
> would be much appreciated.

I vaguely remember a problem of this type I encountered a couple of
years back, which was down to something along the lines of the entry
in hosts for the machine name pointing to 127.0.0.1 and something
being too smart and trying to use unix domain sockets for X (when
target ip was 127.0.0.1).

Sorry this is so vague...

I would attempt setting the X display to an explicit-non-loopback-
ip:display-num and see if that helps... also check xauth entries.

	Nigel.