Init : someone could comment this ?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jan 8 18:01:43 UTC 2008

On Mon January 7 2008, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> | kill(pid, SIGTERM); /* wait for timeout/sigchld */ kill(pid, SIGKILL);
>
> But python or other bloaty scripting languages are not a solution and
> completely unacceptable at this place.

Imho there is some code missing, that the pid really belongs to the service,
e.g. when the service died/crashed and the pid file still exists, a wrong
process can be killed here. Also I guess it would be better to first try to
SIGTERM the all services that should be terminated, then wait, and then send
the SIGKILL instead of waiting for each process independently.

Regards,
Till