Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Jan 9 23:48:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 06:33:45PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> You claimed that there was dozens and dozens of people ready to help
> with such tasks. I submit that is not true. I wish it was.

I am not saying that there are dozens and dozens of people ready to help
for these tasks. I am saying that when there are such people those who
do the mainstream stuff it should let them play instead of being hostile
for parallel/oldish/fun implementations. It has a cost, because there
are always side effects, but it is a price to be paid for community
involvment.

--
Pat