IDCC camera's & firewire juju stack

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Jan 11 09:21:46 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help, I have it working now by building a 2.6.23 kernel with
the patchset from here applied:
http://me.in-berlin.de/~s5r6/linux1394/updates/

Then it works if I lower the number of buffer passed to dc1394_capture_setup()
to 2, after also applying this patch:
http://marc.info/?l=linux1394-devel&m=119965813322642 ?

This is no longer needed and even coriander (from cvs) works fine!

This is with a via vt6306 in OHCI 1.1 mode (which is the factory default for
this pci card), should the above patches be enough to also get it to work in
1.0 mode? If that is the case I can try flashing it to 1.0 mode and see if that
will also work.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Next step building libdc1394 and coriander packages for Fedora!