pirut, pup, system-*: policykit integration

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 16:52:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 14:53 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> hi,
>
> dbus-based authentication system is ready to use, so pirut, pup and
> all system-* tools should switch to use it instead of... what does
> they use now?

Wrt to pup and pirut, we are working on making PackageKit good enough to
replace them (at least in the desktop spin). PackageKit is using dbus
activation and PolicyKit.

Wrt to system config tools, one option would be for someone to
investigate gnome-system-tools (at least, get it to work and package it
for Fedora, for trying it out), which is also using these technologies.