anaconda traceback

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Jan 13 00:07:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 17:26 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 18:15 -0500, Richard Hally wrote:
> > well, it gets past the above error but then X doesn't start so I
> > select text
> > install but it doesn't find any drives to install to. end of story.
> > this is on a
> > box with an intel chipset that runs F8 just fine.
>
> And upon saying that, guess I'll wait for a fix or something before
> trying again, especially for nada.  I don't mind installing via text,
> but if X isn't going to work post install, then does me no good anyway.
>
> So you have intel, I have an ATI x1300 card, and got same thing last
> time, so there is something wrong with the drivers or something.

Said heck with it, and tried to do a rawhide install as well, but same
problem, no luck.  When getting to the partitioning section, it doesn't
show the drives at all, and can't find the device or whatever.  It does
see and know my video card, but it won't start up with whatever driver
it should use, nor would it use vesa neither.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"