Intel compiler integration tool release

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:10:53 UTC 2008

Hi Kjartan,

On Jan 11, 2008 5:50 PM, Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas at broadpark.no> wrote:
> Do I need to install icc in a particular prefix for this package to pick
> it up? I just did a default install of icc 10.1 and I don't see how to
> use your package to invoke it?

Yes, you do need to install in the default place (/opt/intel).  Making
that configurable will have to wait for a future release, assuming I
ever get around to it.  Once you have installed the Intel tools and my
package, run intel-update as root.  After that, you should see the
icc, icpc, idb, etc. binaries in your PATH, get something useful out
of "man icc", etc.

Let me know if you need any further information.  Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/