Where are the CD ISO's? (fwd)

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jan 15 23:01:59 UTC 2008

On Tue January 15 2008, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:42:09 +0100
>
> Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> > Using livecd-iso-to-usb was an answer that was given to the question,
> > how to get this (using the installation medium with usb) done. Then I
> > asked, whether this really works and explained how it could work.
> > Maybe installationmedia-image-to-usb would be a better name for such
> > a programm, but I guess most of the code would be common with
> > livecd-iso-to-usb.
>
> The only common code would be the part that makes the usb bootable.
> The rest would be vastly different.

I just played around with it a little, when I use livecd-iso-to-disk on the
Fedora 8 i386 iso Image, a bootable stick is created. It does not boot with
my USB hd (or maybe it just needs a lot longer than with the 1 GB stick).
When I boot from the stick, anaconda allows to select to install from
harddisk. Both devices are then found. The only problem is, that anaconda
does not recognize the iso image, it says on some console, that the
Fedora-8-i386-DVD.iso image is not the right one. In German it also only
mentions CDs but not DVDs, don't know, whether this is an issue.

Long story short: The only extra code seems to be to copy the iso image(s) to
the usb device, given that anaconda supports using a harddisk for
installation source and can use the iso files.

Regards,
Till